Skip to content

Water Park Accidents

Water Park Accident Attorneys

Water slides are becoming more popular all the time as almost every state has at least one water park. As they are bug money makers park owners and operators seek to make them thrilling in  to attract adventure-seeking patrons. The problem with this is that in addition to becoming more thrilling they are also becoming more dangerous. In recent years there has been a significant increase in the number of water slide injuries as well as other types of accidents at the many water parks, theme parks and amusement parks located throughout the United States.

If you, your child or a loved one has been hurt, injured or killed while at a water park or while riding a water slide they may be entitled to benefits and financial compensation under personal injury laws, premises liability laws and wrongful death laws in the state where the accident took place. You absolutely need the help of our skilled water park accident attorneys as they will get you the benefits and financial compensation you are entitled to. Click here to email our water slide injury attorneys. They offer free consultations and charge zero legal fees or costs if they do not recover for you.

They proudly serve all 50 states and Washington D.C. including but not limited to: California, Texas, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Virginia and Florida.

Water Park Accident Statistics

Studies from show that 86% of all water park injuries happen on slides, with some of those injuries being life threatening. The remaining 14% of injuries occur while waiting in line and on stairways leading to the slide entrance.

Possible Water Slide Accident Causes

Building a safe water slide is a science and only a few organizations design water slides. Despite the precautions taken when they are designed and built accidents resulting in serious injuries still happen. They cannot take into account all of the variables that might happen whenever patrons ride on them. People of different sizes can all be thrust about by high-velocity slides differently, which in turn could cause:

  • Colliding into other patrons, users and swimmers
  • Banging your head against the slide or other fixtures
  • Being ejected from the slide
  • Coming into contact with objects in the pool below
  • Water inhalation that leads to drowning or suffocation
  • Becoming trapped inside a slide

No matter what type of accident you were injured in it behooves you, and your water park accident case, to speak with a skilled and experienced water slide accident attorney regarding your rights and legal options.

Causes of Water Slide Injuries

One of the most common causes of water park and water slide injuries is the slide having a defective design. In addition, many injuries taking place on water slides happen because of negligence on the part of their owners and operators. In some cases, safety inspections may not be performed on a regular basis, so faults are not discovered until it is too late. Poor or negligent maintenance is also a common reason for water slide accidents and injuries. Other times, the park may not have enough staff members to properly supervise patrons, or may allow children who are too small for a particular slide ride to ride on it anyway.

Again, no matter what caused your water slide accident you should seek the help of our seasoned water park injury lawyers for a free consultation. They will outline who is liable for your injuries and fight tooth and nail to get you the full, and maximum, amount of benefits and financial compensation.

After A Water Park Accident

Following an accident at a water park the first thing you should do is seek appropriate medical care. Go to the local emergency room or urgent care center immediately. Failing to do so may jeopardize your claim down the road.

Also, collecting the names and contact information for any witnesses as soon as possible is a wise move. It can also be a good idea to obtain pictures of the area, even if it means returning to the park at a later time in order to do so. These things can help show the condition of the park prior to the accident, and can go a long ways toward proving negligence in a court of law.

Contact Our Water Park Injury Attorneys

Please do not hesitate to contact out water park accident attorneys for a free consultation. They charge no legal fees if they do not recover for you. You can email our water park accident lawyers here.



























New Hampshire

New Jersey

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota





Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota